Tinkering Kit: Dough Circuits - Bioluminescence Theme
Learn the basics of electricity using dough circuits with this Tinkering Kit!
Read about how electric conductivity and short circuits works in our Kid's Guide to Conductors & Circuits. Explore interesting facets of earth's biodiversity and bioluminescent creatures in our project magazine. Watch our build-along videos and tinker with us!
Be inspired by bio-science and circuits to express yourself creatively with these projects:
- make your own dough circuits in parallel and series arrangement
- build different bioluminescent creatures including, angler fish, glowworms, jellyfish and more!
Great for stay-home family activity sessions, play dates, kids parties and hands-on learning.
Each kit contains:
- Our Kids' Guide to Conductors & Circuits
- Our project magazine on Glow-in-the-Dark Creatures
- 10 x LED bulbs (random colours)
- 2 x coin battery
- 1 x dual-battery case
- 3 x tub of electric dough (random colours)
- 1 x tub of insulator dough (white)
- 6 x googly eyes
- 2 x pipe cleaner
The parts in this kit are real electronic parts, and should be handled and stored with care. Here are some tips on how to take care of your kit:
To prevent rust on metal parts:
use a dry cloth to remove all trace of electric dough from all metal parts after every use
keep clean and dry
To prevent battery leakage:
avoid using old batteries with new batteries
disconnect batteries from circuits if not in use for a prolonged period
To prevent the dough from hardening:
keep in an airtight container when not in use
if the dough hardens, add water one drop at a time and work it in to moisten the dough